Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to Eh!!!

It's official today. 3rd anniversary of my new, most challenging and rewarding identity as a mom.

My little Eh is 3 years old. Thanks to her I appreciate so many aspects of life (including my parents) which I saw in a completely different light (and sometimes not at all) until I became a parent. I think I even understand (possibly my perceived) special place my sister (the oldest of us) has in my parents' hearts. I didn't lose my middle child complex but the resentment is gone. Each child is unique and special but only the first one changes your status:)

Two thoughts come to mind. My friend's words (which at that time I heard with scepticism and now think of with appreciation) that you don't really start living until you have kids. And, as retold by my sister, my comment , as I pointed to my very-pregnant-with-Eh stomach: 'Once this comes out, I'll never be alone'.

May Hashem give you health and happiness, my little one; you should continue to grow to be a constant source of pride and joy to us and all of the Jewish people!

3 comments:

Barb Chansky said...

Amen!
Glad the picture ratio conflict was resolved:)

SubWife said...

Amen! Enjoy! And older systers do not have it easy for any means.

Ookamikun said...

Happy birthday Eh!