Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What's doing?

If SiM wasn't cute before with his 'Hi' and exuberant waving to any and everybody he was, he is definitely cute now with his 'hi, whatdoing?' greeting now. It seems that he learns most of his vocabulary from his sister but 'what's doing' is definitely hubby's.

Eh, like many older siblings, acts as SiM's interpriter. Last week, SiM kept asking for something and neither I nor the babysitter had any idea what he was saying and SiM was getting frustrated with us. Then Eh called from the other room "He wants the booster seat..." How did she know?

Since then 'boo' became 'booter'. And when I pretend not to understand what he is saying, SiM takes matters into his own hands, brings the booster seat himself, and tries to climb on it. I'm alternately filled with pride (if someone other than self is there to supervise SiM in his booter) or a bit frustrated with my little guys independence.

Another cute but a bit more annoying is his newly learned phrase 'awnt hold it' which quickly became 'awnt hold it pee'. If 'it' is a piece of apple, a cookie, a cup-I think "aww, my polite little son'. But 'it' is usually a bag/box of chips, cookies, candy, box of cereal, 1/2 gallon milk jar and then I wish he didn't say please because it kinda makes me feel guilty for refusing his requests...

Anywho, it seems that I actually have to go work. Peace

2 comments:

Barb Chansky said...

Ah, the beauty of being the translating older sister; good times:)

Ookamikun said...

Ok, you can't make that kind of comment without giving us details.

One of the funniest kid saying I heard was Alter's Mottle saying that he likes tushy (sushy).