Thursday, January 31, 2008

Climber vs clapper

It seems that I won't be able to write as frequently as I wished. As a matter of fact, it seems that I can hardly write at all. ( But my time management issue deserves a separate entry and since that is the issue in and of itself, there probably won't be that entry. But I digress...)
My little Eh achieved lots of milestones on the earlier side of the continuum. She was very quick to roll, sit, stand, crawl, creep, cruise, walk, talk, finger feed- you name it. But one thing that I, as on OT would've loved for her to do at least on time, she did a bit late. Eh was a late clapper. She started clapping when she was close to a year... All within the norm, one might say. But somehow, her late clappiness registered in my memory.
Well, right around the time she officially turned 2 (plus a couple of weeks or so?), Eh's become an all-surface-climber! ( there should be an entry for that as well, but I'm not sure if and when it'll come)
Now she climbs on chairs, into the strollers, into toy boxes, on top of all sorts of boxes, etc. Thankfully, for once, I didn't teach her by bad example so she's yet discover that she can also climb on tables, couter tops, and the piano.
Now for the other bit of exciting news. Approximately at the same time as Eh's achieved the almost-all-surface-climber status, little SiM's became a clapper!!!!!!!! And what can possibly be cuter than him applauding Eh's climbing?
In short, I'm madly in love with my little achievers!

2 comments:

SubWife said...

Congratulations! That really is very cute. As a side note, finally! Revisit your priorities, please, the public awaits your entries, you know...

Sally Hazel said...

The word 'priorities' almost completely excaped my mind...I just try to get to work before noon and fall asleep before midnight. Thanks for your loyalty! I'll try to write more this week...