Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I cleaned my car the other day and found this gem from a nursing home's news letter. Following are the new year's resolutions of some of nursing home residents:

-My New Year's resolution is to get my family together. I want to go back to live with my family. I also want to have a good relationship with all the people in my past and the ones I'll meet in my future.

-I want to smoke less and read more. I also want to have a good friendship with everybody here (at the nursing home).

-I want to smoke less, and I want my family to come more often. I also want a TV in my room.

-I want everybody to like me. I want to stop cursing and screaming, and I want to be a good person.

-I want to get well and be to able to function on my own ( this resident since went home).

-My New Year's resolution is to stop crying, be nice to everybody, and to stop wearing a lot of makeup.

-My New Year's resolution is to be nice to people and to get along with them. I also want to stop smoking.

-I want to become a better person and stop taking things that are not mine.

-My New Year's resolution is to go back to my own apartment with my family. I want to get well, and I thank everyone at the nursing home for helping me (the man unfortunately is a nursing home hopper and is still residing @ the same institution).

-My New Year's resolution is to continue not to smoke, and to have my kids visit me.

5 comments:

La Poutine Cachere said...

I don't know if I should focus on how the resolutions share a sad similarity, or on the fact that at least on resident got to go home! That one was like a ray of sunshine on a very cloudy day.

Sally Hazel said...

Yea, all those resolutions to be close with the family are unfortunately out of these people's control...

SubWife said...

Are you competing with other bloggers on the biggest downer entry of 2009? You know, the bloggers who posted about the unpopular nursery kid and the mental patients? Oh wait, that was also you... Not complaining, it's just that I ran out of all the tissues... Good entry nevertheless, makes one think... Sniff, sniff.

Barb Chansky said...

Five hankies

SubWife said...

Barb, can I borrow yours? I really am all out.