Monday, April 27, 2009

Bad advice

My daughter was sick for a few days and I allowed her to fall asleep in my bed. She requested the same privilege a few days later, after she thank Gd felt better.

It was well past her bedtime and my patience was running low. So I told her I don't care where she sleeps as long as she stays in her room. I even suggested she put one of her pillows on the floor and sleep there. I heard noises from her room for some time. But I decided that it would be best if I just let her fall asleep without any further attention/distraction from me.

A couple of hours later, I was walking to my room with a cup of tea and noticed her door was wide open. And as I approached the door to close it, I almost spilled my tea on my firstborn, who lay sleeping in the doorway.

I guess as a parents I should keep in mind that kids to listen sometimes...

6 comments:

Barb Chansky said...

She listenes and remembers:)

Something Different said...

Oh my...
Did mom learn her lesson? ;)

Ookamikun said...

This reminded me of your pic on FB where your son sleeping in a box.

Sally Hazel said...

SD-I definitely learned the lesson. Not sure for how long I'll retain it though...

Moshe- he was sitting in a laundry basket. Does it count?

Ookamikun said...

Hmm...for some reason I decided you or one of the commenters is Dina...

Note to self, when commenting after 1AM, make sure you know who you're talking to...

Sally Hazel said...

lol! Moshe, that's the kind of note I have to make to self at all hours of day/night...