Sunday, January 13, 2008

Baby, you can drive my car

A couple of years ago, when my sister and I used to drive to work together we sometimes stopped @ the kosher bagel hole on Coney to pick up a quick breakfast. That's a busy intersection, so typically my sis would get out and buy the bagels while I'll wait for her, double parked in front of or near the store.
One time, as I sat and waited for my sister to come back with the breakfast, I was on the lookout for the cops. However, I got a much more pleasant surprise then the law inforcement peeps. I saw my sister swiftly caming around another double parked car that stood behind me, opening its back door, attempting to sit in the back seat, then emerging ( vigorously shaking her head), looking up, and coming to my car...
At the time, I was driving a shiny black camry (my current car is also black but alas I do not recall the last time I went to the car wash to make it shine) and the car that was double parked behind me was an older model not so shiny accord.
Naturally I found the whole incident immensely amusing and after my sister and I finally stopped laughing I asked her how in the world , even if in a hurry, can she confuse a new clean camry for an older not-as-clean accord!? She said that the car was black, sedan, double parked in front of the store...
Last night, due to the graciousness of my sister who offered to babysit, hubby and I went to the movies. Nowadays, we go to the local theater which usually shows 3 pictures only. We see whichever one is the closest to the genre we like.
We watched The Bucket List ( which deserves its own entry). After the movies, hubs went home and I stood semi-double parked in the driveway waiting to drive my sister home.
I kept the engine running and was in the middle of deciding which picture in my phone should be elevated to wallpaper. Then my front passenger door opened and I heard a woman's voice talking. This voice was not my sisters and it belong to some strange young (comparitively speaking) lady who proceded to sit down in the front passenger seat while still talking.
I quickly realized what the issue was and politely uttered "wrong car". She continued talking ( possibly on a blue tooth?) and closed the door. In her defense, she was wearing a hood over her head and maybe that's why she didn't see the whole picture. Then, she tried to put on the seatbelt, her hood fell off and she simultaneously looked in my direction. I thought it was a good oportunity to say again "wrong car". She looked startled, then embarrassed, mumbled 'sorry' and got out of the car. I mumbled ' no problem' back at her and desperated tried not to laugh while she got into a white jeep double parked on her side of the street.
As the jeep sped off, I noticed it driver violently shaking with laughter. I giggled a bit, too. But when I retold this story to my sister, I was laughing so hard it took me almost 5 minutes to tell it. At the end of the story I apologized to my sister for laughing so hard at her the time when she mixed up the cars- at least in her case they were both black sedans...

2 comments:

Ookamikun said...

Is the movie good?
Rottentomatoes gave it 40%

SubWife said...

What happened to your sis "almost" happened to me more times than I would like to admit. A LOT MORE...