Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Watch your mouth

I was driving with the kids on one of narrow local streets when suddenly the car in front of me stopped. Just like that, in the middle of the road. I patiently waited as, apparently, the driver had to receive something from an apologetic-looking pedestrian. Then the car continued standing in the middle of the street.

I'm all for stopping if and when needed but kindly move to a side! So, I honked. The car moved forward a bit and stopped. I honked again, a bit longer, more inpatient honk. The car inched forward again. BUT not to either one of the sides. Then I just didn't let go of the horn. It was passed kids' bedtime, I felt exhausted and annoyed. MOVE!

Finally, the car inched a bit more AND slightly to the left. And I was finally able to squeeze by. When I was finally able to see the driver (some oblivious local woman of unidentifiable age) I yelled into my closed window "Move over!" and then against my better judgement but with lots of emotion "Stupid!".

Then we stopped by a red light and Eh asked " what did you say mommy?"
"I told the car to move over so we can pass..." I answered hoping that my Jewish instrumentals were loud enough during my 'conversation' with a fellow motorist.
"Why did you say that?"
"I wanted her to move over so we can pass..."
"Why?"
"I just wanted to pass..."
"Why did you say 'stupid'?"

Oops... "It was a mistake. I'm sorry. I said 'stupid' by mistake..."

In response, Eh just laughed.

7 comments:

Ookamikun said...

See how wrong you were. Now if you would've thought first, you'd get out of the car, close the door so the kids don't hear, get the bat from the trunk...

Can also curse in another language that your kids don't know...though the problem with that is that the other "driver" also doesn't know it.

Sally Hazel said...

I was in a hurry. Plus cursing in foreign language in front of kids is the best way to teach them proper use of foreign words . Might as well stick to English .

Favorite Anonymous said...

it happens, put your self in the corner when you get home...i've done it

Mikeinmidwood said...

I remember this one time when I was young, about 4 years old, my mothers friend was driving us somewhere. She stuck out her middle finger at someone so i copied her, and for the rest of the way there I had my middle finger out at people that passed by.

Ookamikun said...

ROFL

Sally Hazel said...

Ha ha ha, MiM. How long did it take you to figure out what exactly you were showing to people?

SubWife said...

For some reason reminds me of the Christmas Story.