Monday, February 25, 2008

Why I shouldn't organize parties


Though lists are not my thing, this time I decided to follow SubjugatedWife and Dave Letterman and make a list of reasons why I shouldn't organize any more parties in the near future:

1-I'm not organized. I never was but now my disorganization's reached glorious hights;
2-It's been years since I enjoyed a large crowd;
3-It's been years since I enjoyed a small crowd;
4-The art of mingling eludes me;
5-I kept forgetting whom I've invited to the party;
6-Ditto for who RSVPed;
7-I felt bad for people who are bored at my party;
8-The party didn't get intended results;
9-I got too much exposure with those whom I had to invite and insufficient exposure with those whom I actually wanted to see;
10-There were obvious clicks at my party!

2 comments:

SubWife said...

you know,some of us have actually enjoyed the party. We actually were still in the process of enjoying it until very recently due to a huge doggy/elephant bag given to us by Barb. King of hoping that I was in the category of people with whom you wanted (as opposed to had to) mingle...

Sally Hazel said...

Grin. I know, it would ruit my list to admit that there were more moments than not when I had fun, however there were moment that actually prompted me to write the list. Naturally, by the time I got to put it in writing, i forgot most of the pointers ( and had to make up another top 10:))