Monday, December 29, 2008

Unforgettable, that's what I'm not

Shabbat Chanuka I encountered a former classmate (high school). I came over. Said hi. Confirmed that she was who I think she was. She said she can't recall my name. I said it. She asked me if we went to seminary together...I, quite unnecessarily said, "high school".



My former classmate had a few kids around her...And for the rest of shabbat I had a recurrent and disturbing thought that maybe my pregnancy/childbearing-related memory loss is not as temporary as I hoped.

3 comments:

Sally Hazel said...

Today I met a classmate with a whole bunch of kids...She was the one who noticed me first and called me by name. My hope is renewed!

Barb Chansky said...

Amen to that:)

Ookamikun said...

It's cause of your hair!!!
Get a curly sheitel!!!