Sunday, December 7, 2008

Timing

Timing is everything. I try to be punctual. I say witty things as soon as I hear someone else say something unwitty ( unless I'm working on self control). Poor timing is the pits.

With all that in mind, I didn't attend the memorial service for the terror victims of Mumbai, Hy'd, last Wednesday because I was 45 minutes late in leaving my house. Today, I decided to be on time and I was at the memorial service @ 9:05. The place was Packed. A rabbi was in the middle of a speech already. I was surprised @ such general punctuality but glad that I made it. Then, 10 minutes later, there was a break for Ma'ariv.

The service was called for 8...But the lesson of fighting bad with good, darkness with light, and loving every Jew still holds true.

4 comments:

Mikeinmidwood said...

Where was this?

Sally Hazel said...

The one where I arrived fashionably late was @ 1000 E 17th Street...

Ookamikun said...

I was on a bus this afternoon and there was an announcement at 12PM to all buses, couldn't make out the details though, for all buses to go to the curb and observe a minute of silence in memory of something.

I wonder if it was Mumbai or something else...

Sally Hazel said...

I think today was the anniversary of the Japanese attacking Pearl Harbor. Alternate side parking rules were suspended, too...