Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Truck driver for a day

Today, for the second time this month, I got the honor (and the pleasure) of driving a Cadillac pick up truck. Here are some of my observations ( as seen from the driver's seat of a pick up truck):

1. Men stared.
2. Women stared.
3. A double parked yiddishe mench in a minivan did a double take.
4. Sedans cut me off less.
5. Those sedans and SUVs that did cut off/pass me, invariably showed off how fast they can really go.
6. Pedestrians were more cautious (except for one who tested pick up's breaks. b"H they passed).
7. Every pick up truck (especially domestic) challenged me to a race.
8. I felt like I was driving a tractor.
9. I enjoyed all the puddles, ponds, and mini lakes instead of driving around them.
10. A colleague pointed out that people with low self esteem typically overcompensate by driving big cars.I'm still thinking about this one...

4 comments:

Jacob Da Jew said...

thats pretty sweet.

Mikeinmidwood said...

Id drive a truck just so I can cut anyone I want off.

Sally Hazel said...

JDJ- absolutely!

MiM- just get any v8 car and cut off as much as you want.

Lion of Zion said...

MIKE:

"Id drive a truck just so I can cut anyone I want off."

i'd drive a truck so can run over anybody i want to.

SALLY:

i rented for my wedding. i never felt like i was the center of the universe as when i drove that car