Friday, August 8, 2008

The Simpsons or the case of mistaken identity.

Firstly, believe it or not, but there is a real Lisa Simpson working under some alias in the short term PT gym.
Thin lips, yellow hair, stocky. It took me months of self control not to call her Lisa in her face…
But this post is not about Lisa.
It’s about Maggie. There are a few Margaret residents @ work. Some like to be addressed by their full first name, some by their last name, some by some nick name/ abbreviation. There is one particularly friendly Margaret on the 5th floor- always says hi, asks how my kids are, etc.
Yesterday, I was on the unit and she was sitting close to nurses station. So I greeted her with “good morning Maggie”, we had a little chat. Then I came to the nurses station and the unit clerk said ‘Marge’. I raised by eyebrows. And she said again, “Marge, not Maggie”.
Blah. Apparently I mixed up my Simpsons and didn’t know about it.

1 comment:

Ookamikun said...

lol
Is there a Homer?

I did alarms, security, etc. for about a year. We went to a nursing home, patient's name, Skotina.
hehe